Prominent
Jun 8, 2020
Build:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG B550-E
CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x
GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super
Ram: 32GB TridentZ 3600mhz
Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD

I built my pc in july of 2020 and after a few months i noticed my download speed was horrendous.. i pay for 300 down and 35 up which i was getting on my old build with no SSD and zero issues but now on my newer pc i download at only about 1.5-10mbps and that if im lucky. i just got into GTA RP and when it downloads new mods or updates im sitting at 2.2 MBPS while my sister and cousin are in the 30's and higher and load their assets instantly. Download speed are also terrible on Google Chrome and most Game Launchers. Steam will jum from 5mbps to 25 then to 2 and so on.. My upload speeds however are completely fine though. i stream every now and then at 4500 bitrate and no issues at all! almost zero lag or frame drops the issue i have is purely download speed. im thinking it could be a motherboard issue as i got the B550E literally the night it was released. i purchased it day 1 and maybe it had some kinks or i got a bad board. nevertheless if anyone has some advice or anything they can give please it would be greatly appreciated!! and yes i tried almost every youtube video to increase download speeds and nothing worked at all!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Build:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG B550-E
CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x
GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super
Ram: 32GB TridentZ 3600mhz
Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD

I built my pc in july of 2020 and after a few months i noticed my download speed was horrendous.. i pay for 300 down and 35 up which i was getting on my old build with no SSD and zero issues but now on my newer pc i download at only about 1.5-10mbps and that if im lucky. i just got into GTA RP and when it downloads new mods or updates im sitting at 2.2 MBPS while my sister and cousin are in the 30's and higher and load their assets instantly. Download speed are also terrible on Google Chrome and most Game Launchers. Steam will jum from 5mbps to 25 then to 2 and so on.. My upload speeds however are completely fine though. i stream every now and then at 4500 bitrate and no issues at all! almost zero lag or frame drops the issue i have is purely download speed. im thinking it could be a motherboard issue as i got the B550E literally the night it was released. i purchased it day 1 and maybe it had some kinks or i got a bad board. nevertheless if anyone has some advice or anything they can give please it would be greatly appreciated!! and yes i tried almost every youtube video to increase download speeds and nothing worked at all!
On updates and downloads your at the mercy of the server your downloading from.

You can run speed test to check to see if your getting what your paying for.

Manimalgtv

Prominent
Jun 8, 2020
On updates and downloads your at the mercy of the server your downloading from.

You can run speed test to check to see if your getting what your paying for.
my speed tests are perfectly fine. shows i have 300 down and 30 up. whenever i actually try and download anything though its busted. me and my cousin and sister play a lot of games together and when we all download they are done in minutes and my download is stuck under 5mbps. i know its a computer issue when we are all doing the same thing and i have the only other results that are different.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
my speed tests are perfectly fine. shows i have 300 down and 30 up. whenever i actually try and download anything though its busted. me and my cousin and sister play a lot of games together and when we all download they are done in minutes and my download is stuck under 5mbps. i know its a computer issue when we are all doing the same thing and i have the only other results that are different.
That don't mean much as they could be routed through different routes to the server.