Serious Driver Issues

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015
So I recently upgraded from my GTX 1050 to a GTX 1060 AMP! Edition from Zotac. I already understand this AMD FX-4350 is bottle-necking it so I understand why it's not showing any increases in FPS on newer games.

Problem is ever since installing it, it's been having serious driver related issues. Firstly I have 3 monitors; they are all the same model Sceptre E20s. Two of them are hooked up through HDMI and the other is display port. The display port monitor changes it's resolution back to 1440 everytime the computer restarts or goes to sleep. The only way to get it back is to open screen resolution settings(auto adjust on the monitor doesn't work).

Initially I figured it's a problem with the displayport connection so I'll move to DVI when i get around to it. But more issues are presenting themselves. After leaving the computer running for a bit my drivers will start to "degrade" or something like that. All of a sudden applications will start telling me to update my drivers; OpenGL failed to start errors; please upgrade to DirectX9 or above errors;

Then today after getting those errors on a few applications I went to nivida control panel, then nvidia control panel stopped working, then my monitor switched back to 1440 so I went to change it and after hitting apply my leftmost monitor lost signal. Windows was unable to detect it, but nvidia control panel was working now and showed it there. So I reopened my screen res settings and after lowering my monitors res back to 1440 intentionally my left most monitor showed up in windows again.

I clicked apply and then both my leftmost and rightmost monitors lost signal. I tried one more time and all monitor lost signal. I had to restart my computer and thats where we are now. Anyone else getting these issues? Driver re-installs haven't fixed it at all.

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015

I originally had a 600 Watt, but I had to upgrade my PSU to a Corsair CX750M. The 1060 is running on 750 Watts now.

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015

The old card doesn't have enough HDMI or displayports; with that being said it was running fine on two.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Go next one down 391.35

Im on win 7 too, 397.31 which is not there anymore and 397.64 is still flawed. Good performance but 397 drivers are doing something to make things unstable for me. Some games crash and others after exiting the desktop is very sluggish.

391.35 not a single problem though the fps isn't as great compared to 397.

Ive tried both 397 versions, no good. Using 1080Ti

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Might be for the op.

In my case ddu was used installing from 391.35 to 397.5x and 397.31 but had to roll back. Then came the newest 397.64 driver and the same thing. I just rolled back to 391 about half hr ago.

Farcry5 never crashed but after exiting windows was sluggish. Wolfenstein 2 crashed within 5mins. Still windows was sluggish. This was with all 397 drivers. I actually did the clean install option this time from the Nvidia driver install of 391.35 while desktop was in this state, couldn't be bothered running ddu again. 391 installed (no restart) and desktop returned to normal. Have been playing Wolfenstein since no problems. Exiting Farcry5 wasn't an issue either previously either with 391 drivers.

Not in any way am i hinting ddu is the problem, its not. I just couldn't be assed but i do believe theres something wrong with the win7 version of 397 drivers

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015
I'd say Phillip is on the money, I didn't use DDU before installing the new driver. The issue right now is bearable and I'll be performing a full CPU, Mobo, and RAM upgrade next week so I'll probably need to reinstall a lot of things anyways.