Question [SERIOUS HELP NEEDED!] Mid-End laptop + Fps Drop and input lag

Jul 10, 2020
Hi everyone.
I am desperately trying to boost my laptop performance on valorant but unfortunately not succeeding. I have a mid-high end laptop and its getting very annoying to play valorant on a top lvl (Currently 100RR from radiant). My game feels like its not running smoothly. Theres some stuttering and input lag!
Constant fps drops. During buying phase I get 250 FPS so everything is normal. Once I start moving my mouse to the left or right / Press Tab / See an enemy / Shoot in the middle of a Smoke it drops to 100. Makes the game unplayable and I see myself having problems flicking - feels like theres a mouse lag aswell.

Here are the specs (MSI GF65 Thin 9SE 013)

I7 - 9750h RTX 2060 16GB (8GB plus additional 8GB) 512 SSD
Monitor DELL S2419HGF (On Fast - 5ms and overclocked)
Things that I have done:

Disabled full optimization
Set Priority to high
PC Format
Config'd Nvidia Control Panel
Undervolt CPU with ThrottleStop to -130mV
Set Battery Option to Full Performance
Lastest Drivers

VALORANT: Everything on Low AA None 1x

Please - Is there anything I can do to boost its performance? The only thing I haven't done tbh is opening the laptop and clean it from the inside.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure your BIOS for the laptop is up to dare. Manually update the BIOS as opposed to using MSI's Dragon Center app. You can then focus your attention to the version for your OS. We're currently on 20H2 for Windows 10. Then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, download the latest off of Nvidia's support site and manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If you've tried all that, it's highly likely that the game needs a patch much like all the other e-sports titles out there that are half baked and need updates.

Jul 10, 2020
Dear Luftij,

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm really disappointed as this laptop costed me a fortune last year and its not perfoming on the only game I play, which basically doesn't require such high specs.

I've never updated the BIOS. Is there a Link from MSI with a tutorial?

Thanks
Tom