Serious pc problems

o0HACKRCHILD0o

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Right guys I'm having a problem with my pc it keeps freezing randomley but I think it happens when the computer is in it's idle state. I will have to hard reboot my computer. I have checked all the cables on the motherboard and they are fine. My cpu voltage it fixed 1.250 with LLC 2 and I have speed step disabled along with all c-state packages, the ram timings are set to 9-9-9-24 1t and the ram is 2133 down clocked to 1600 due to the motherboard not supporting it, the ram voltage is set too 1.650.
My build is as follows,
Corsair CX750M power supply
G.Skill Ripjawsx ram 2x4gb
Asrock z77 extreme 4 mobo
Intel 3570k @4.2ghz
Asus r9 280x
WD clavier blue 1tb HDD
All help is appreciated, many thanks.

Solution
That's probably a better question for the overclocking section of the forum. I know in my overclocking experience I've also had better luck with using an offset. The v-droop can be pretty bad on some motherboards. Using an offset allows the motherboard to attempt to compensate for v-droop. I also like using offsets because the CPU can lower the voltage when at idle or under light load. It just ramps up the voltage when it needs it.

o0HACKRCHILD0o

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I can't run my ram at XMP or the rated MHz as when I do it instantly cuts out after quoting bios, and my idle temps are about 33 and my load temps with intel burn test is 85 degrees I am using a cooler master evo 212. I can't see the heat being a mounting error or incorrect paste application as I have redone this around 5 times now with the same result

o0HACKRCHILD0o

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Yes, it passed 9 times without errors, this is why I'm finding it so odd

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Possibly software rather than hardware issue
Turn off pwr saving modes, or instead of sleep select hibernate

Does pc crash or freeze any other times? ie when your using it browsing the internet? or just when idle?

o0HACKRCHILD0o

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Right I have updated drivers and it has cleared up a lot of problems (including hitherto audio popping I posted about some time ago) and the computer is stable now I have overclocked using an offset voltage, can any of you shed some light on why it fails on fixed but it's fine on offset?

That's probably a better question for the overclocking section of the forum. I know in my overclocking experience I've also had better luck with using an offset. The v-droop can be pretty bad on some motherboards. Using an offset allows the motherboard to attempt to compensate for v-droop. I also like using offsets because the CPU can lower the voltage when at idle or under light load. It just ramps up the voltage when it needs it.

Solution