Serious problem with my USB flash device ! HELP

ukLz

Distinguished
Hey! I have one serious problem with my USB flash.. So.. I bought this one 2-3 years ago. It's 4GB.
I had there many, many important files and pictures, but somehow, they're all LOST !

Actually, when I plug it in the computer, my PC recognizes it and it shows this:

http://imgur.com/Xb3eJON

Buut, when I enter in, it's empty!

http://imgur.com/a/tXgqC

It says that there's few megabytes left, but actually this folder is absolutely empty! I really don't know what the f*** is goin' on here.. I mean, everything used to work perfectly.. But few days ago, I once plugged my USB and this shit appeared... Please help !!!

Hey there, @Dimitrije02!

I'd recommend you try un-hiding any hidden folders and files onto the USB flash drive. Here's a tutorial that explains in details how to do this. Another thing you could try is connecting the pen drive to another computer and see how it will get recognized there.

Always remember that "backup" means that you have your data stored in at least two (2) locations. Moving data from your system drive to an external hard drive is not a backup, unless there is already a duplicate of the file on a different drive.

Keep me posted! Hope it helps! :)
SuperSoph_WD

ukLz

Distinguished

I just tried that method with tutorial stuff.. But still nothing :(

This seems pretty unfortunate, @Dimitrije! :(
If you still haven't tried this yet, I'd recommend you is to try accessing your files from another computer and see how the USB flash drive will be recognized there. You might also find this thread from the community helpful.

Sadly, it's also possible that the flash drive is failing, so it might be a good idea to consider professional data recovery help, if the files on it are very important to you.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

ukLz

Distinguished

I downloaded some program for retrieving lost things in USB and it worked! :D

However, thank you for putting effort in this. You can lock or whatever this topic :)