Serious problem!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Na not really lol,

Noticed when i say "b ugger" (no space) it's replaced with "ah heck". I like my b ugger word lol. Thought it was my phone (chrome) but does it on computer too (firefox), checked preferences for any related options but oh well, cant see any of that nature.

not a big deal.

Cheers. ah heck

Colif

Win 11 Master
Terms commonly used in Australia aren't as widely appreciated in other countries. I won't give any examples, I am sure you can think of some.

I knew a guy whose nickname had that word as part of it, it was perfectly fine on forums there 10 years or so ago.

we swear at our mates cause we know we aren't being serious :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Rest of the world needs to grow up, the S word is not even a swear word here, F is but I have had friends where half the words they utter are the F word, you just ignore it and listen to the other words.

Its hard being an Aussie on the forums. I often forget others don't take kindly to some words.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
f word is quite socially acceptable in the right place and context. Media Tv and radio obviously are exempt as with all official societies
but anywhere else lol it can be quite normal depending how it's said. I wouldn't say it
too often though in a sentence like every second word, thats getting a bit much but when something funny or dramatic moment happens it's the first word usually.

I suppose tone and situation confuses those not used to it.

Blame the tradie and farmer for de-swearing swear words lol.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I do, its why I use ANC headphones, but this is another conversation :)

lucky we don't have trains here and buses heavily policed by cameras and security at every major interchange.

People wanting to get a certain bus stop in time can get annoyed... or maybe that is me :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i live in the city of GRAPES, otherwise known as Capital. Tourists make it worse than the people who live here... when I say tourists, I don't mean the people who visit on holidays, I mean the visitors who come here, make dumb decisions and we get the blame...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I'm guessing Adelaide. Yeah, there are plenty odd people out there not giving a care in the world.

Im a bit of a prospector and go out bush often and things i see left by people makes my blood boil, it's only wrecking the privilege. The greenies want to make all state parks nature reserves, hope it never happens but what do you do to stop silly people.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I'm guessing Adelaide. Yeah, there are plenty odd people out there not giving a care in the world.

Im a bit of a prospector and go out bush often and things i see left by people makes my blood boil, it's only wrecking the privilege. The greenies want to make all state parks nature reserves, hope it never happens but what do you do to stop silly people.

No, Capital of Australia. No, not Sydney/Melbourne, they couldn't decide who got to be capital so neither got it.

lets avoid GRAPES :)