Serious software issues driving me crazy

Destim

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015
Since i build my rig i didn't have any problems whatsoever,

Now a week in with windows updates etc.. skype crashes randomly with the error code: "parameter is incorrect"
Latest nvidia driver is also crashing and recovering randomly while browsing google.
The thing is i'm the type of person that tries to fix those problems myself... But i really can't find the issue now, appart from my nvidia driver seems to downgrade it to a more stable version. But that doesn't really sound like a proper solution.

EDIT: I also deleted my skype from my pc and deleted everything about skype that i could find about skype.

Help is appriciated :)
thanks!

Solution
The latest nVidia drivers have issues with TDR's. For me I had to go back to 350.12 (GTA V Game Ready Drivers) to get them to stop. nVidia is aware of the problem. They've released two hotfix drivers to try and correct the problem. There are mixed results with these. Some users say that it fixed all their problem, others say it fixed some of their problems, but most say that the problems are still there.

I would roll back to 350.12 or 347.88 until they come out with a proper fix.

As for Skype, have you tried to re-install it?
The latest nVidia drivers have issues with TDR's. For me I had to go back to 350.12 (GTA V Game Ready Drivers) to get them to stop. nVidia is aware of the problem. They've released two hotfix drivers to try and correct the problem. There are mixed results with these. Some users say that it fixed all their problem, others say it fixed some of their problems, but most say that the problems are still there.

I would roll back to 350.12 or 347.88 until they come out with a proper fix.

As for Skype, have you tried to re-install it?

Solution

Destim

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015

Hi man, thanks for answer, i did not mean to select as best answer that was a missclick xD
But about skype yeah i tried to reinstall that, i will try and downgrade my nvidia driver i think it's my nvidia driver causing all these problems..

Destim

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015

Hi man yeah i just downgraded my driver, i hope the problem will be fixed ;D

And i also took a look at the forums and those hotfix drivers, hope there will come a driver in the future that will fix this problem..
Do u think that my performance is less now i downgraded it?

Destim

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015

My build is in my sig ;p gtx 980 evga FTW
Well i play dirt rally, skyrim, tomb raider, planning to play gta V and witcher 3 i play allot of games xD
To many to tell them all ;p

BTW, i'm not having issues with the driver right now.. i hope it's fixed now for a while ^^
Thanks!

Well 350.12 is the Game Ready driver for GTA V. However the Witcher 3 drivers came out after all these problems started. Actually this was the driver both my son and I had problems with. I have a 980, he has a 970.

So you might not get full performance out of Witcher 3 on 350.12, but I think you should be fine with the rest. I don't play Witcher 3, but my son does, and the older drivers work with it, they just aren't optimized for it.

I've been hoping they'd sort this out since May.

Destim

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015

I feel u man, Thanks for the help, i think the driver issue is fixed now, some people said it would be my psu or gpu that was broken but that would be near impossible because gaming was working fine... as for skype i hope that will be fixed to ;) thanks again!