Question Serious sound driver issue

jefazo92

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

I don't know exactly what has happened because I have no sound coming from my laptop so I'll tell you everything from the start. I have been trying now for 2 days to connect my laptop to my TV; image came out but sound didn´t. I tried reinstalling and rebooting the sound driver in my laptop but it didn't work. Then I found this Intel tutorial (https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...hics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors.html) which told me to uninstall the Intel (R) Sound driver for screens and that's what I've done. But when I booted my machine, the laptop speakers did not work either. I have tried reinstalling the High Definition Audio Device controller since it has a yellow triangle next to it in Device Manager. I am using the driver stored in the machine since that's the only one it has ever worked for me when troubleshooting sound issues. The manager locates the High Definition Audio Device but an error message appears telling me that "Device can't start (code 10)". I have tried following the Intel tutorial, download the latest Intel Graphic Controller Downloader but I get another error: "Coudn't find any driver which could have been installed in the current device. Exit code: 8". I have a Toshiba Sstellite P-50-A with Windows 10. Please I would really appreciate your help.