Serious Temp problems

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Did you also buy the screw down kit with the Xigmatek? Or are you using the push pin? Have you turn down your OC back to stock and checked on the temps?

Reseat the cpu cooler is the only advice I can give.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Could you post a pic of the inside of your case by chance? Typically HDDs are slightly cooler than CPUs if there is a fan blowing over them, and your HDD seems to be up around 44C which is just below your CPU. Just as a comparrison, my drives sit at around 25C in a room that sits at 17C (64F). It looks like this is an ambient temp/case cooling issue.

jtavrisov

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
I used push pin, the temps are only a few degrees cooler if I lower the OC.

Don't really have a camera but I use a CM 690 case and theres a fan in the front, side and back. I'll check to see how the air is being moves around

jtavrisov

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
What is the VCore that my cpu is supposed to be at. I lowered it to 1.25 from 1.35 and my slight overclock still seems stable (although I've only been running a stress test for like 20min) but the temps are alot better

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I have E6850 and it's VID is 1.35v, yours should be the same. Vcore can be set to anything, as long as your system is stable.

A CM690 has plenty of air flow. I still think the HSF is not seated properly.

Also have the CM 690, Not a lover of the case, although it is will built, the ventilation leaves a little to be desired. Also similar proc, E6400 @ 3.2 GHz using a Zalman 9500 HSF.

I have a front fan, a Back fan (120mm by 39 mm), two side fans (top back blowing out and lower front side blowing in - Modified the side panel. cut side out leaving 1 in border and mounted plexiglass with fan cutouts where I found they worked best), also mounted a fan in the bottem blowing in.

Current temp @ idle (measured with CPUID HWMonitor):
Room temp - 68 F
Temp inside Case (measured about 2 inches from HSF - 72.7 F
CPU E - 1.22V
System 40 C (NB temp I believe)
CPU - 26 C
Core 0 - 34 C
Core 1 - 35 C

Concur with using Bracket for HSF. Also have you tried with side panel removed.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
As said, get the proper backplate for the 3 or 4 heatpipe Xigmatek. Be sure to spread a very thin film of the TIM across the whole HS base or CPU IHS. It will not spread properly by contact, because of the gaps between the heatpipes and the base.