Question Serious temperature issue

satyap

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Hello friends
i am facing a issue i have a system with ryzen 5 5600 with sapphire rx 6700 10gb graphics card case is Corsair carbide 100r with one intake 120 mm fan and one exhaust 120 mm fan both fans are nzxt 2000rpm fan .
when i play games like Forza horizon 5 in extreme settings the GPU cur temperature goes from 77- 80 and GPU junction temperature goes from 88-107 in other games like rdr2 gpu junction temp is below 100 all the time.
I want to know if I forget about the GPU junction temperature and keep on playing games is it dangerous for the system components or graphics card kindly help as I don't have budget to spend now .

Them junction temps are normal for a 6700xt, You can turn up the fan on the GPU a little more to help with that, 110C Junction/Hotspot is about where it stops booting, not necessary throttling, its by design actually, 80C on the GPU is also fine, a bit warm but nothing to worry about.

You can use AMD's driver software to set a more aggressive fan profile to help cool the card better.

Good Luck!

I want to know if I forget about the GPU junction temperature and keep on playing games is it dangerous for the system components or graphics card
higher temperatures for longer amounts of time can always degrade components.

include the complete system specs,
CPU average temperature while being stressed,
what CPU cooler you are using,
and what fan curve profile you have set for the GPU fans.
case is Corsair carbide 100r with one intake 120 mm fan and one exhaust 120 mm fan
you will probably be wanting to look into getting a better cooling setup for the entire system.

a single fan bringing in some cool air and a single fan trying to exhaust all of the heated air will definitely cause some higher temperatures for all included components.
especially in a system designed for gaming.