Jun 23, 2009
velociraptor.jpg

velociraptor2.jpg

Core i7 @ 3.3
3GB Gskill 1333(6-6-6-13-1T)
MSI X58 Platinum(nonSLI) Newest BIOS
2x ASUS 4870 512MBs
SB X-Fi XtremeGamer
WD Velociraptor 300(XP Pro 32bit SP3 all updated)
Coolmax CUG-950B(950W)

Slow boot time, General slow hard drive performance...Virus scans used to take less than 20 minutes, now after 1hour im @ 10 percent...

Ran chkdsk /r thru recovery console yesterday

tried swapping sata cables(i read this could help, but didnt)

As we already know, those speeds are unacceptable for this drive. I did the same test with my 1GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro, and it achieved a faster read/write speed...unbelievable.

What should I Do? Any Suggestions/Ideas?

Radnsmash

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Running the Data Lifeguard Diagnostics Extended test as we speak..6 hours 45 mins and counting..tech support is basically just saying wait it out. :fou:

yrag

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
Try MSI Support. http://ocss.msi.com.tw/index.php I had two MSI AMD boards that needed a beta bios to get that drive to operate correctly. I also had to disable C1E Support in the bios. Send them the disk graphs and see if they can duplicate on their end.

Radnsmash

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
PROBLEM SOLVED.

After watching the diagnostic test go nowhere for some 10+hours..I decided to take action into my own hands.

I checked the event log the day the incident happened, found out it was a controller issue.

Uninstalled the ICH10R storage drivers, rebooted, sure enough, works like a goddamn CHARM.

LordConrad

Distinguished

Dude, please watch your language, this is a public forum.