Server 2003 and PCI Dual Head Cards

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

I've spent the last hour or two looking at various video card manufacturer
sites (ATI, Matrox, NVIDIA, etc.) trying to determine if there is a Dual (or
triple or quad) head PCI based card out there that is known to work well on
a machine running Microsoft Server 2003. The information I've found is
confusing.

If anyone has experience in this area, can you share it?

Thanks,

--
Dennis Gallagher
Monroe, WA, USA

note: I've intentionally cross posted in several groups that deal with video
cards.

you mean multi posted?

"Dennis" <junk@galron.com> wrote in message
> I've spent the last hour or two looking at various video card manufacturer
> sites (ATI, Matrox, NVIDIA, etc.) trying to determine if there is a Dual
(or
> triple or quad) head PCI based card out there that is known to work well
on
> a machine running Microsoft Server 2003. The information I've found is
> confusing.
>
> If anyone has experience in this area, can you share it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Dennis Gallagher
> Monroe, WA, USA
>
> note: I've intentionally cross posted in several groups that deal with
video
> cards.

he is talking about a card with more than 1 d-sub (vga) connector on it.
Like the Matrox G200 MMS series (Dual and Quad models were made, and needed
a special cable with d-sub heads at the ends).

Does this stricktly have to be PCI ?
Why have a multi-display Server? Thats what workstations are for.. fire up
your mgmt app, or whatever on the workstation so the server doesnt have to
worry about the load.

i know there are many AGP cards that do this... but you can always use
multiple PCI cards if the drivers support mulitihead.

Matrox, nVidia and others (that make/made) PCI cards should be able to fit
the bill.

- NuTs