[SOLVED] Server and them little fans

Aug 21, 2020
Hope everyone is well and strong. Simple question here I'm rocking an HP server on windows 10 works fine with twin Xeon E5570s 96Gigs of DDR3@1333 storage is 128GB SSD with four 3tb data drives by Seagate as you do. So down to my question, this thing has six mini 7k fans and bloody hell is it noisy. I know the fans talk to the board in a way they work together, if one is removed the system won't post. Each fan has like 6 wires on it, does anybody know of a way if two wires are joined the system thinks the fan is still there. I plan to move the components in to a nice case I have coming soon and I don't want these six Mini-beasts coming with...it. Anyone help on this subject. Thank you

Solution
Typically, you need to have 5 of the 6 fans running to POST IIRC. I don't really see a way to fake the signal wires. A second issue should be that it probably has a custom PSU (not ATX) and many only put out 12V -- the DC-DC converters on the board proved lower voltage where required. Look on the PSU label and check the type, probably says CUSTOM.

If you plan to actually attempt this without getting a smoking pile, find a service manual somewhere like www.manualslib.com so at least you have an idea of what you are attaching where. Personally, I would leave it as it is if it is running well.

RealBeast

Titan
Typically, you need to have 5 of the 6 fans running to POST IIRC. I don't really see a way to fake the signal wires. A second issue should be that it probably has a custom PSU (not ATX) and many only put out 12V -- the DC-DC converters on the board proved lower voltage where required. Look on the PSU label and check the type, probably says CUSTOM.

If you plan to actually attempt this without getting a smoking pile, find a service manual somewhere like www.manualslib.com so at least you have an idea of what you are attaching where. Personally, I would leave it as it is if it is running well.

Solution
Aug 21, 2020
I've installed the board inside a Zalman Z11+ case painter the case white the plastic red, RGB lighting 2x 14cm Corsair fans and Corsair 12cm. 12x USB board blu ray RW drive 3x4tb HDDs GTX980 card WiFi and more it looks amazing plus the boards PSU is up high and Green signal trigger to another PSU to power the fans extras and more window 10 in flash drive micro 256Gig It all lights up fine, but the board because I don't wish to use the mini 4cm Super fast fans. I've got loads of moving air plus twin fans in each CPU heatsink. It's ready to go and hence why I asked the question. I thought about using LEDs from the fan port (+ line and return that signal back to the Fan rotation line. The LEDs frequency may fool the board into thinking, the signal feed is been consumed, and retuning. I wished I could show you the case and what I've done so far it looks incredible