Server Deal

OK, I just started a CSS clan with some buddys and we need to get a
server. All 3 of us tried hosting the CSS server ourselves, but it
lagged with only like two people in it. I looked into a host doing it,
but paying 120$ per month is insane.
Now this is more of me hoping someone will be nice, but heres the
deal. If you have a server, can you please let our clan use it, and
give my admin powers to change the map and stuff, and we will get
people to come to your server. As I said, this shouldn't be called a
deal because it is more of a charity.

In article <2a93d093.0411121309.268bf8ca@posting.google.com>, davideo59
@aol.com says...
> OK, I just started a CSS clan with some buddys and we need to get a
> server. All 3 of us tried hosting the CSS server ourselves, but it
> lagged with only like two people in it. I looked into a host doing it,
> but paying 120$ per month is insane.
> Now this is more of me hoping someone will be nice, but heres the
> deal. If you have a server, can you please let our clan use it, and
> give my admin powers to change the map and stuff, and we will get
> people to come to your server. As I said, this shouldn't be called a
> deal because it is more of a charity.

Most people that have servers are either running them out of the company
they work for or paying a hosting provider. In most cases the clan
leader eats the cost of the server since the other clan members that say
they will all help, well, sorta just never have money to help with.

There are quite a few hosting companies, some are well under $120. If
you only want a 20 player server you should be able to get it for around
$75/month.

As far as some nice Clan / Server owner letting your people tie-up their
server and giving you admin control - Um, are you on medication?

I think you would be better off having your group join a server, find
one you like, play there enough to be invited to become clan members,
and then you can donate and get admin like the way non-server owners
normally do.

Do you have any idea how much work owning and running a dedicated server
is? Think about all the admin mods, the operating system patches, the
bandwidth, keeping hackers out, keeping it a FUN server, and kicking
campers out :)

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Leythos <void@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> Do you have any idea how much work owning and running a dedicated server
> is? Think about all the admin mods,

You don't have to use all of them.

> the operating system patches,

Big deal. Everyone with a computer should be used to patching it by now.

>the bandwidth,

Huh? where's the work in that? It all should be working anyway if it's a
company network.

>keeping hackers out,

Most admins Don't!

>keeping it a FUN server,

Oh yeah so much hard work letting people play and have fun. Especially when
you're not there to boss them about.

>and kicking campers out :)

So much for the fun aspect. Anal retard.

Uzi

Camping is a ok tactic in some cases ..but common, when ya got 2 gays just
sitting behind some stupid box for 3minutes & nobody rescuing/planting......

"Half-Dead" <somone@onthe.net> wrote in message
> Camping is a ok tactic in some cases ..but common, when ya got 2
gays just
> sitting behind some stupid box for 3minutes & nobody
rescuing/planting......

That's why the game was designed with an offensive team and a
defensive team. On any map, there's always a team that should not be
camping because they have an objective to complete, whether it's
planting the bomb, rescuing a hostage, escaping the map or escorting
the VIP to an escape point. If the defending team sets up an ambush,
you usually can't find fault with that tactic. I can understand the
offensive team pausing occasionally, but he shouldn't be sitting in
one place for any length of time. The game was meant to be played a
certain way, not with people running around mindlessly shooting each
other. The mindless fragmonkeying around is why TacticalGamer was
created in the first place. Teamwork and objectives are a priority
on our server.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CingularDuality

In article <4195657a$0$78555$45beb828@newscene.com>,
rapandrandb@suks.com says...
> So much for the fun aspect. Anal retard.
> Uzi

Nice Troll Uzi - you must be one of the aim-bot, bunny hopping, camping
retards that keeps getting banned on good servers.

> In article <4195657a$0$78555$45beb828@newscene.com>,
> rapandrandb@suks.com says...
> > So much for the fun aspect. Anal retard.
> > Uzi
>
> Nice Troll Uzi - you must be one of the aim-bot, bunny hopping, camping
> retards that keeps getting banned on good servers.

LOL
Nice to trade trolls with a troll! ;-)

Dave Engle wrote:
> "Half-Dead" <somone@onthe.net> wrote in message
>> Camping is a ok tactic in some cases ..but common, when ya got 2
>> gays just sitting behind some stupid box for 3minutes & nobody
>> rescuing/planting......
>
> That's why the game was designed with an offensive team and a
> defensive team. On any map, there's always a team that should not be
> camping because they have an objective to complete, whether it's
> planting the bomb, rescuing a hostage, escaping the map or escorting
> the VIP to an escape point. If the defending team sets up an ambush,
> you usually can't find fault with that tactic. I can understand the
> offensive team pausing occasionally, but he shouldn't be sitting in
> one place for any length of time. The game was meant to be played a
> certain way, not with people running around mindlessly shooting each
> other. The mindless fragmonkeying around is why TacticalGamer was
> created in the first place. Teamwork and objectives are a priority
> on our server.

Good call. I get hammered all the time for "camping" at the bs as a ct in
dust and other bomb maps. Go figure, what should I do, rush mindlessly into
the tunnel and a spray of ak bullets?

In article <41974af3$0$25761$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au>, ask@me.for.it says...
> Good call. I get hammered all the time for "camping" at the bs as a ct in
> dust and other bomb maps. Go figure, what should I do, rush mindlessly into
> the tunnel and a spray of ak bullets?

No, but there is difference between baiting the T's and camping until
your team reduces them to low enough health to make them easier to take
out with little risk to the camper.

Tactical pauses are not the problem, it's the lamer that sits in one
place, while the bomb is on his radar, not moving, and there is only one
T left in the game. Or the chap that always camps a box, near the base,
until the rest of is team eliminates all but a couple T's, AND he knows
the T's are nowhere near him.

Then there are the stupid T's that leave the house area in to rush out,
all the different paths, to meet the CT's, rather than stay and cover
the hostages.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Leythos wrote:
> In article <41974af3$0$25761$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
> 01.iinet.net.au>, ask@me.for.it says...
>> Good call. I get hammered all the time for "camping" at the bs as a
>> ct in dust and other bomb maps. Go figure, what should I do, rush
>> mindlessly into the tunnel and a spray of ak bullets?
>
> No, but there is difference between baiting the T's and camping until
> your team reduces them to low enough health to make them easier to
> take out with little risk to the camper.
>
> Tactical pauses are not the problem, it's the lamer that sits in one
> place, while the bomb is on his radar, not moving, and there is only
> one T left in the game. Or the chap that always camps a box, near the
> base, until the rest of is team eliminates all but a couple T's, AND
> he knows the T's are nowhere near him.
>
> Then there are the stupid T's that leave the house area in to rush
> out, all the different paths, to meet the CT's, rather than stay and
> cover the hostages.
>
> --

Yep, the bottom line is that teamwork makes it fun and everyone else should
go play quake 3

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Damien McBain <ask@me.for.it> wrote in message

> Yep, the bottom line is that teamwork makes it fun and everyone else
should
> go play quake 3

NO! I wholeheartedly dissagree!

Quake 3 weapons are boring. Nice looking game, great engine, limited
gameplay.
CS has by far the best choice in weaponry to master of any online game.
Hence the perfect deathmatch game is CS!

Uzi