Server Error: Unable to post after editing when there is an image present in my original post?

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've been trying to edit and post a thread I created but because it has a URL link to an image in my original post, my edits will not save/post and I get a Server Error?

The ONLY way to edit my original post is to remove the image link. I can't imagine this is "by design" since I get a "Server Error" message and not something a little more informative.

This effectively renders editing non-functional if one has an image present in the original post.

I'm using latest version of Chrome.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

Colif

Win 11 Master
this post? https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...e-amd-5950x-above-5ghz.3732706/#post-22526501

i see image linked to google but that shouldn't cause the errors.

i don't get any server errors trying to edit it, on either firefox or chrome. Not saying that you aren't, I just can't reproduce it.

sometimes you can get an error where the image box won't let you link an image in but that is fairly rare. I find saving post and refreshing tab can help there.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Interesting, let me see if it's some of my Chrome extensions causing issues. I have anti-tracking and IDM download and Malware and a few others enabled ... I'll get back to you.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Disabled all my Chrome extensions and unfortunately I get the exact same error. Any other thoughts?

Odd, only when I have a picture linked.

Cheers, Rob.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Could try using a different source website like imgur, it might be a problem linking to a google image.

if you want me to swap images, let me know.

it isn't a common problem or I would have an answer already.

Last edited:

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I do have an IMGUR account (I don't like IMGUR because they have Advertisements in their free accounts), I can test with that. But just to be clear the Server Error ONLY happens on "edit" not when I create a new post (add).

Test:

h7ljp7H.jpg

EDIT: Lets see if IMGUR works

EDIT2: It worked! Now lets see if Google works ... drum roll ... no, sadly.

So it looks like I can post a NEW thread with Google image link but NOT edit a thread with a Google image link ... strange as I can't imagine this is "by design".

Cheers, Rob.

Last edited: