Server help set up needed

computernerd1

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Been asked to set up a computer server network for 10 users, the network must meet the following criteria.

Each staff member must have have their own networked pc
All staff to have access to their own pc suite - SAGE ?
Sales staff to have access to sales ledger software - SAGE?
Each member of staff to have their own file storage - 2GB ON SERVER!
Managers to have access to all files within their department, MD to have access to everything
Website to be hosted locally
Purchase staff to have access to purchase ledger software - SAGE?
Regular data back up
Managing director to have remote access
4 printers - 1 private for MD

I have no idea where to start.
Any pointers appreciated

Solution
If you don't know where to start then you probably need a consultant. It could be a pre-sales engineer from Dell, or HP or it could be a local IT entity.
You are going to want to create a windows domain to simplify administration. You will want to setup a VPN for the managing director's remote access.

You should recommend to your boss that hosting the website locally is a REALLY bad idea. It should be on a hosting service.

kanewolf

Titan
If you don't know where to start then you probably need a consultant. It could be a pre-sales engineer from Dell, or HP or it could be a local IT entity.
You are going to want to create a windows domain to simplify administration. You will want to setup a VPN for the managing director's remote access.

You should recommend to your boss that hosting the website locally is a REALLY bad idea. It should be on a hosting service.

Solution

DarkRiddles

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
As in sage ? This is an accounting software from what I have searched up. I'm pretty sure you just download this to your computer and run it, if this is the case... this server network seems kinda pointless...