Question Server Power Down - Must Unplug to Restart

hmclaughlin

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
Hello everyone and thanks for the help in advance. Approximately six months ago, I built a server using AsRock Rack X570D4U micro-ATX Server Motherboard AMD AM4 PGA 1331 Dual GLAN, Fractal Design Ion+ 560P 80 PLUS Platinum Certified 560W Full Modular Compact ATX Power Supply with UltraFlex Cables, and AMD 5950 CPU. I'm not much of a hardware person but got everything working well. However, over the past 10 days, the server has now begun randomly powering down and requires the power cable be unplugged from the back of the power source in order to reboot. Once this is done, the system restarts and works fine for a few hours up to two days, before happening again. Windows event logs show nothing more than the non-helpful Event ID 41. The power source is plugged into an APC UPS 1500W that is about two months old. The only other notable issue is that during the POST process, the mother board gives five short beep codes, possibly indicating a problem with loading the display adapter, however, it does load and graphics appear fine (it's a server, so nothing particularly intensive graphically). So I am completely lost as to where to start or how to fix this. I've read various forums that say anything from the power source, capacitors, motherboard, or CPU. In other words rebuild the machine which I would rather not do. Any help would be appreciated.