Server service not started in win xp

vmehra1818

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello,
when i trying to share on window xp based computer and access to another computer it givs the message " The Server service not started " plz give me answer

Go Start to Run and type into the open box services.msc then hit Enter. Scroll through the aphabetical list for Server and double click it then change to Automatic, in the StartUp box, click Apply then click the Start button.

Click Apply and OK to close the form then try your connection again. You may need to leave a few minuites break before trying to connect while the CBS Service wakes up.

It's the Service that sends the system out every ten minutes looking for computers which have joined your network since the last time it looked - actually every twenty minutes if there's a Windows 7 in the network. It was probably downgraded to Manual when the server Service on which it depends was closed but it's quite safe to set it to Automatic, click Apply then click on Start, then on Apply and OK your way out when it finishes loading.

aizat89

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. In the Services list, click Server.
3. On the Action menu, click Start.

OR

1. Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
3. Click the General tab, and then click Install.
4. Click Service, and then click Add.
5. In the Network Service list, click File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and then click OK.
6. Click Close.

OR

1. Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Expand Computer Management (Local), expand System Tools, expand Local Users and Groups, and then click Groups.
3. In the right-pane, right-click the appropriate group where you want to add the user, and then click Add to Group.
4. Click Add, type the user account you want to add to the group, and then click OK two times.

heello
ive already try it so many times
even i have check that my server and computer service is started.
then when i try to connect still same message
server service is not start

TRENDING THREADS