server2003 printers

martin

Hi I have just installed a school with 2003 server ,how can I set it up so
the workstations auto instal the printer (which is setup on the server)I am
having to add printer for every user (and we have a lot of users) on every
PC (which are XP Pro)I thought if I set ip up for one user it would auto set
it up for all.I have gave all permissions and group policy for it ,but I
still have to do it manualy.
Any help Please

"Martin" <4heppyno-spam@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi I have just installed a school with 2003 server ,how can I set it up so
> the workstations auto instal the printer (which is setup on the server)I
am
> having to add printer for every user (and we have a lot of users) on every
> PC (which are XP Pro)I thought if I set ip up for one user it would auto
set
> it up for all.I have gave all permissions and group policy for it ,but I
> still have to do it manualy.
> Any help Please

Have you got a logon script for each user? This should solve the problem.
I have a simple logon script which maps network drives.

' VBScript.
' Purpose of script to map a network drive
Dim oNet
Set oNet = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
oNet.MapNetworkDrive "Y:", "\\server1\Documents"
oNet.MapNetworkDrive "Z:", "\\server1\Database"

Not sure how to add printers to it, but it's something like:

' VBScript.
' Purpose of script to map two network printers

Dim net
set net = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
net.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\server1\epson" , "Epson 2100"
net.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\server1\hp1200" , "HP 1200 Laserjet"

Try http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ for more help

Hope this helps a bit.

James H

"Martin" <4heppyno-spam@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message news:<40727b23$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au>...
> Hi I have just installed a school with 2003 server ,how can I set it up so
> the workstations auto instal the printer (which is setup on the server)I am
> having to add printer for every user (and we have a lot of users) on every
> PC (which are XP Pro)I thought if I set ip up for one user it would auto set
> it up for all.I have gave all permissions and group policy for it ,but I
> still have to do it manualy.
> Any help Please

check out:

http://www.dx21.com/SCRIPTING/RUNDLL32/ViewItem.ASP?OID=145&CMD=P%3DA

--
Matt Hickman
An emotionally disturbed cat is as touchy as mercury fulminate.

TRENDING THREADS