service host local system high memory usage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saif_1

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015
Hello ,
This is my first post please kindly ignore my faults :)

Here is my PC configuration :
url]

Recently I am getting notification that my memory is low, close some application to free the memory. But I wasn't running any high memory consuming programs. Then I looked into my Task manager and got this :
2015_09_07_21_47_23.png

I am really not sure why this is taking so much memory. This Service Host: Local System continuously taking more and more memory and it moves total memory upto 80% ....
This didn't happen before I am recently facing this problem.
How I can stop this so that it doesn't take this unusual memory.

I checked windows update but no update is pending. Any help will highly appreciated.

Solution
Open up an elevated Command Prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Enter "sfc /scannow." After this, enter "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".

Dylan_85

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016

No way. Had this issue for a while, as well as some other bloat-ware I just rid my computer of. Instant drop in HDD usage from myself, probably will never get round to updating my results from this forum (all being well). Seems to be a steady 0%, which is nice!

Thanks so much! If it doesn't work then I will reply/update with affects of the CMD method.
Useful thread for anyone who dares upgrading to 10!

Le_Professeur

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hey guys, I have had this problem recently and it started happening after a Windows Update. After trying a lot of the methods I found on the web, the following finally worked for me:

1- Go to Control Panel ► System and Security ► Action Center ► Troubleshooting ► System and Security

2- Click on Windows Update

3- In the window that appears, click Next

4- Another window will then appear which will provide the 'Try troubleshooting as an administrator' option. Click it.

This should should fix the problem and no restart is required. I hope it works for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS