[SOLVED] Service Host

Nov 30, 2019
Hi everyone, since thanksgiving my PC has been on high memory usage. Around 90%, not even gaming, when idle. It is very annoying to play games when doing this. I see multiple Service Hosts open. Atleast 10+. I've tried everything can someone please help me.

Solution
there are about 90 service hosts in win 10, every service has a host now. In previous versions of windows there were groups of apps that shared a host but since everyone has more ram now, they split them up to in theory make it easier to work out which are using all your resources. You want to know what services are running, not what hosts are.

in task manager, go to performance tab and click Open resource monitor at bottom of the page
click on the memory header
Private bytes = actual ram usage
Working set = Ram + page file usage

sort the columns (by clicking a header) so that its sorted in most used, either in private or working set, and take a screenshot showing what is using most.

upload screenshots to an image sharing website and...

Colif

Win 11 Master
there are about 90 service hosts in win 10, every service has a host now. In previous versions of windows there were groups of apps that shared a host but since everyone has more ram now, they split them up to in theory make it easier to work out which are using all your resources. You want to know what services are running, not what hosts are.

in task manager, go to performance tab and click Open resource monitor at bottom of the page
click on the memory header
Private bytes = actual ram usage
Working set = Ram + page file usage

sort the columns (by clicking a header) so that its sorted in most used, either in private or working set, and take a screenshot showing what is using most.

upload screenshots to an image sharing website and show link here.

Have you run an AV scan?

Solution