I keep getting this error everytime I try updating XP Pro sp1 to sp2. That
setup could not verify the update.inf. I've tried evrything short of the
right thing.

I've re-registered dlls, I've tried renaking catroot2 with no success, there
is nothing wrong with the crypto service.

help please!

TapDunk wrote:

> I keep getting this error everytime I try updating XP Pro sp1 to sp2. That
> setup could not verify the update.inf. I've tried evrything short of the
> right thing.
>
> I've re-registered dlls, I've tried renaking catroot2 with no success, there
> is nothing wrong with the crypto service.
Hi

A batch file that I have created might help out on this problem.

Go to
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2

Look for fixdb.bat under "Error 0x800710D9 Unable to read from
or write to the database". Download and run it.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: