Service pack 2

Hello I reformatted my hard drive and reloaded Windows XP Pro on it. Once
that ws done I ran Windows Update and installed all the update and rebooted.
Everything was ok. I ran the Windows Update and installed service pack 2.
The system rebooted and I got my bios screen and then a black screen for
about 1 to 2 minutes. Then I got white squares at the bottom of the screen
that was a progress bar. It goes about half way accross the scren (it
takes about 5 minutes to do this.) and then I get the windows XP screen and
windows loads fine.

I check the bios and the quick boot option is enabled.
Anyone else have this problem?
Please help.

Hello R.C. The first thing I did after installing Windows XP was run Windows
update. It did not find SP2. I let it apply those updates and rebooted. I
got back into Windows and ran the update again and then it found SP2.
As for the model it is a Gateway P3 500, 512MB ram
Thanks