[SOLVED] Set Android as Cloud Server

Dec 14, 2018
I have a 128 GB card in my android phone. Is there a way to set up my chromebook and PC to access my storage on my phone ?

The reason (in case you're wondering) is that I usually use my phone. So I want local storage because it's easier faster and cheaper than uploading everything I make onto a cloud I have to pay for like Google drive (over the very small free drive they give you). Plus, I always have to go through this extra step of uploading to the cloud after doing anything, or just working straight off the cloud and eat up data plus wait for it to update over whatever cell service I'm on. Forget about large files, which I never update on the road and always have to upload later. I have a huge card on my phone. Do I have to use Google's Drive?
Also, my phone always has to use data to access my files, whereas my computers are almost always on wifi, so they could easily access my phone over wifi, because it's almost always on the same wifi whenever I'm using them.

I know it seems backward, but it's really not. The other way is backwards.

Solution
So let's say you set this up (which you really won't be able to), where are you going to keep a backup of your files? Trusting your phone and SD card to keep single copies of files is like juggling knives standing on a giant balloon 500 feet in the air with no safety net or parachute. It's just a matter of time till you are really sorry you were doing it.

You may want to expand a bit on the question, what are you doing on that giant card on the phone that you need the other systems to access?

If you are mobile and saving stuff to the phone, you for sure want to keep data on the cloud. Is $5 a month for extra storage worth losing your files? There are enough WiFi connections around from bookstores, fast food places, etc.. that you can find WiFi data to upload files.

When you are home, just connect the phone to a USB port and copy the files that way.

Dec 14, 2018

OK, so you don't know.

https://www.ushareit.com/en/help.html but it's probably faster and easier to connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable.

If you do a web search for "file sharing from phone" you will find stuff, but none of it is as simple and just copying files through USB or using cloud storage.

What you want to do is not as good as other methods. Not a matter or not being able to do it, it's just more complex than other ways. You can get into your back seat of a car by climbing to the front then going over the seats then twisting around, but it's easier to just open the rear doors. Your phone does not need to be on the data plan to get to cloud storage, it should be able to use WiFi just like your computers.

Solution