Set CAS for different modules blu and fury

Jax4ever

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
Hi Guys,
I have a simple question: What values one should change in bios to match
CAS timings to avoid latency errors If using different modules or RAM. i know mixing Modules isn't a good idea but see i'ts the only option.
I have kingston hyper x blu 1600 mhz 4x2 gb, i bought 4x2gb fury as blu model is no longer available, i see both can run at same frequency by default 1600MHz but has latency matching issues issues , by default system sets them to 11 for each,
As per specs blu is having CAS 11 by default & with xmp it turns to 9 and while fury has default only of 10 CAS respectivley.
As if both of these are having programmable CASi changed the following values in bios to match timings for each channel:

#Latency 10:
#RAS to #CAS 10:
#RAS Precharge: 10

in BIOS there are a lot of values to set but i changed only theses, so for i just wanted
to confirm that i did it right as i was not able to find any tutorial for it, ihave a z87 MSI Mbd.
Pls post any good video tutorial for the same.
If it is wrong so should i leave it set as default?

Solution
What mobo and CPU - as well as the model #s of the DRAM, the Blu's are XMP based where the Fury are based on PnP, often need to set them up manually when trying to mix them and settings in part will depend on the CPU, especially the voltages

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
What mobo and CPU - as well as the model #s of the DRAM, the Blu's are XMP based where the Fury are based on PnP, often need to set them up manually when trying to mix them and settings in part will depend on the CPU, especially the voltages

Solution

Jax4ever

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014

For Now They are Working, and CPU is 4440 and mbd is MSI Z87m