[SOLVED] Set devices to static ip after power outage?

maarkr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012
We lost power this am, and the ip addresses all changed on my router. Everything picked up the change fine except for my ip camera, which I had to reload/reconfigure. I looked in my router Client List and found the new IP address for the camera, and I noticed it had a Static IP option on the menu. I loaded the MAC address of the ip cam and the new ip cam address on a line item and saved it.
Does this mean that I successfully tied that IP address to the camera so even if I lose power, it will load the camera properly? Should I tie in other devices or just leave it be since they reconnect fine after a power loss?

Solution
Does this mean that I successfully tied that IP address to the camera so even if I lose power, it will load the camera properly? Should I tie in other devices or just leave it be since they reconnect fine after a power loss?
Yes, that should work.
Also mind, in most modems, DHCP is not forced, so it means once a client is connected, it could suggest to have its own static ip, otherwise take one dynamically from modem(server).

So for make it double-sure, in camera(if applicable) set the ip statically to appreciated value.

Since modems may have hard resets, so you may need to configure it again, but so so rarely.

Also sure you have setup the ips correctly.
Sep 28, 2019
Yes, that should work.
Also mind, in most modems, DHCP is not forced, so it means once a client is connected, it could suggest to have its own static ip, otherwise take one dynamically from modem(server).

So for make it double-sure, in camera(if applicable) set the ip statically to appreciated value.

Since modems may have hard resets, so you may need to configure it again, but so so rarely.

Also sure you have setup the ips correctly.

Solution