Question Set Middle Button

gammonGo

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
How can I change the middle button settings on a non-Microsoft mouse? Specifically, this Macally mouse?

I've been using Microsoft wireless mice for a while because they seem to be the only ones that are small and let me change the middle button setting to Double-Click. But I never liked the feel of them and the loud click and very low quality (the left button on one type of them doesn't work unless I press the very to pedge of the button). So now I've purchased the above linked mouse, but now I can't figure out how to change the middle button click setting. Inexplicably, it doesn't appear in Mouse Settings (pic 1) or in the other place where I can set Mouse Settings (pic 2) and the Mouse and Keyboard Center (the other other place where I can set mouse settings) doesn't work any more since I connected the Macally mouse (pic 3). So how do I set the middle button on this (or, really, any third-party) mouse?

Mouse Settings
vHJUW0T.jpg

Mouse Properties
rsuXkEQ.jpg

Mouse Center
JgUUYLe.jpg

gammonGo

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
If you want a relatively cheap, programmable mouse: https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/g203-lightsync-rgb-gaming-mouse.910-005791.html

Note you need the Logitech G HUB software running for the customization to actually be in effect.
Thanks. I'll look at it and what else they have to offer. But I also want one that has Bluetooth wireless and a notched wheel, a small size, and a soft touch click. I bought the one I did because I tried the brand on a work system, so I knew it had what I needed (except, of course, the programmable button).

Thanks. I'll look at it and what else they have to offer. But I also want one that has Bluetooth wireless and a notched wheel, a small size, and a soft touch click. I bought the one I did because I tried the brand on a work system, so I knew it had what I needed (except, of course, the programmable button).

Note that the kind of mouse you're looking for isn't exactly cheap as far as I can tell. At least for something that gets good marks. I'm sure there are plenty of cheaper stuff on Amazon but I can't be bothered to go hunting.

gammonGo

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010

Note that the kind of mouse you're looking for isn't exactly cheap as far as I can tell. At least for something that gets good marks. I'm sure there are plenty of cheaper stuff on Amazon but I can't be bothered to go hunting.
Understood, I wouldn't expect you to do my shopping for me.

Is it the programmable middle button that makes it expensive?

Understood, I wouldn't expect you to do my shopping for me.

Is it the programmable middle button that makes it expensive?
Well, it's not that it's just the middle button, it's every button. And there's accompanying software that has to go along with it.

Although that did jog my memory. There's an app called AutoHotKey that you can use to re-interpret inputs. The problem is that it uses scripts, so you have to get your hands dirty in the nitty and gritty. But it works for any mouse.

gammonGo

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Well, it's not that it's just the middle button, it's every button. And there's accompanying software that has to go along with it.

Although that did jog my memory. There's an app called AutoHotKey that you can use to re-interpret inputs. The problem is that it uses scripts, so you have to get your hands dirty in the nitty and gritty. But it works for any mouse.
Ooh, I already returned the mouse. Oh well. Maybe they'll reject my return since I didn't put it back in the original (or any) packaging, then send it back to me and I can try that out. :D

TRENDING THREADS