[SOLVED] Set NAT Type open PS4 Pro

Joris998

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
I purchased CoD BO4 yesterday and when I came home I tried to play with some friends. Unfortunately it didn't work since my nat type is type 3. After searching and trying stuff I read on other topics I still can't get it to work. When I restart my PS4 after trying these things it still only connects to NAT-type 3. Here's what I've tried so far to get a type 1 or 2:

\- Port Forwarding all ports I could find (see photo)
\- Enabled DMZ for the IP adres of my PS4 Pro
\- I restarted my router and PS4 after making this changes in my router settings

Side notes:
\- UPnP is enabled
\- Firewall is enabled
\- WAN Connection type is set to 'Automatic IP'
\- I'm using a 5GHz Network
\- Router ASUS RT-AC88U

Am I missing something? It's really starting to annoy me and I just want to play with my friends. Nothing seems to work for me and I feel like I just threw away €60 for a game I can't properly play.

89bx3qf858c21.jpg

Solution
Put the device in the DMZ rather than port forward. It will eliminate any issue with you setting the wrong ports because dmz forwards all ports. It is not a secure long term solution but will quickly let you test.

Check the wan ip on your router and compare it with one of the many sites like whatsmyip. If the IP are not the same you do not have a public IP address and will never get port forwarding to work since the ISP has a NAT router in the path that you have no control over.
Put the device in the DMZ rather than port forward. It will eliminate any issue with you setting the wrong ports because dmz forwards all ports. It is not a secure long term solution but will quickly let you test.

Check the wan ip on your router and compare it with one of the many sites like whatsmyip. If the IP are not the same you do not have a public IP address and will never get port forwarding to work since the ISP has a NAT router in the path that you have no control over.

Solution

Joris998

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
My Ip adress as stated in the router software does indeed differ from what the website tells me.
Routersoftware: 11 digit adress
Site: 10 digit adress.

So does this mean I’m just stuck at nat type 3?