Question Set up Dual Monitor. Few problems appeared.

theNarutardd

Honorable
May 14, 2016
Hey all, hope you're doing well.

My brother has bought himself a new monitor and he wanted to set up a dual monitor display for his pc. However, he's having some problems and I'd like to know how to resolve these:

1) Gaming on the main monitor and watching a live stream on the 2nd monitor, his live stream starts to stutter a lot. He has also said that sometimes the game also stutters which is on the main monitor. When he changes his main monitor, the same thing happens.

2) Temperatures. Now I read that switching from 1 monitor to 2 monitors naturally makes the components hotter. But I want to know if the temperatures are normal or are just a bit off. I'll be posting the screenshots for the temperatures. When the pc is idle with 2 monitors, the temperature changes between 60°C - 65°C, and while gaming with 2 monitors the GPU temperature changes between 70°C - 80°C.

His specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F 2.90GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForceFTX 1660 Ti

RAM: 16GB (1x16)

Motherboard: B365 Phantom Gaming 4

Main Monitor: Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor S3220DGF

2nd Monitor: Acer 23" SA230

PSU: 500W Bronze PSU

I've posted the screenshots of the temperatures. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Lutfij

Titan
500W is the wattage of the unit, while Bronze is the 80+ efficiency rating, it does not tell us what the make and model of the unit is. Please include the age of the unit as well. The system you own doesn't have the oomph it needs to stream and game off at the same time, which is why the stutters appear, though that's part of the assumption I made since you didn't mention the game you're taxing the system with.

Latest BIOS update for the motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you working with?

theNarutardd

Honorable
May 14, 2016
500W is the wattage of the unit, while Bronze is the 80+ efficiency rating, it does not tell us what the make and model of the unit is. Please include the age of the unit as well. The system you own doesn't have the oomph it needs to stream and game off at the same time, which is why the stutters appear, though that's part of the assumption I made since you didn't mention the game you're taxing the system with.

Latest BIOS update for the motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you working with?

Actually, I don't know the make/model of the PSU. The PC is prebuilt. It's NZXT's Starter PC.
He bought the PC a year ago so it's a year old.
What does "oomph" mean?
The games he has played (which he had stuttering issues in all these games): Sea of Thieves, Marvel's Avengers, Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, The Crew 2.

He hasn't updated his BIOS ever since buying it, we don't really know how to "update the BIOS' actually. His BIOS information is here: View: https://imgur.com/a/oaebGfN

His Windows version is also here: View: https://imgur.com/a/Stinmav

So isn't there a way to smoothly play games and also stream at the same time without replacing the components?