[SOLVED] Set up Fritzbox 7560 as modem [SOLVED]

Poncke

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
Hi, recently I got Digiweb gigabit internet from SIRO. Cable comes into the SIRO box in the house and then with ethernet cable to the Fritzbox 7560 in LAN port 1. And then with an ethernet cable from LAN 2 to my TP power link to my ASUS RT-AC66U router which then distributes the internet to my PC and Synology NAS.

I used to to have a VM internet with their box set up as modem in the same set up with the ASUS router and this worked fine with my NAS. My NAS was accessible from any device inside and outside my network.

However with the Fritzbox the WAN on the ASUS router is getting a 192.168.x.x IP from the Fritzbox. That doesnt work. It needs to get its own IP address from the Fritzbox.

How do I set up the Fritzbox to get to that situation? Is it possible to set up the Fritzbox as modem? Or do I need to set it up differently to make my NAS accessible again?

Thank you

Solution
Answer obtained from somewhere else :

"If you're on SIRO you can remove the Fritzbox completely and use the ASUS connected from its own WAN port to the ONT device on your wall that the fibre goes into.

Setup the ASUS for:
PPPoE WAN connection
User: digiweb@siro.digiweb.ie
Password: digiweb
VLAN: 10 (VERY IMPORTANT!)

On the ASUS RT-AC66U to set up VLAN you need to go under LAN > IPTV > under LAN Port (Select ISP Profile) > Manual Settings. Where it says Internet - VID (enter the VLAN port to work with their internet) for Digiweb its 10"

Poncke

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
Answer obtained from somewhere else :

"If you're on SIRO you can remove the Fritzbox completely and use the ASUS connected from its own WAN port to the ONT device on your wall that the fibre goes into.

Setup the ASUS for:
PPPoE WAN connection
User: digiweb@siro.digiweb.ie
Password: digiweb
VLAN: 10 (VERY IMPORTANT!)

On the ASUS RT-AC66U to set up VLAN you need to go under LAN > IPTV > under LAN Port (Select ISP Profile) > Manual Settings. Where it says Internet - VID (enter the VLAN port to work with their internet) for Digiweb its 10"

Solution