• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Set up radiator fans speed based on cpu temp or water (cooler) temp?

Stocky1984

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
I read some messages from people who use water temp to determine speed of the fans which are mounted to the radiator. Is this really the way how it should be used? During gaming the water temp only fluctuates between 25 and 30 degrees. Unfortunately I can't set it up this way (for now) because I use Noctua fans which are apparently not PWM compatible with the Corsair waterpump headers so I can not create a curve within iCue based on water temp. Just based on CPU temp within AI Suite for now. My MB is 4 years old and doesn't have an AIO header to send water temp readings directly to MB. I know all recent MB's have one, I'm about to upgrade this fall anyway (new mb+cpu+gpu). Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS