Seti

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWMiddleton

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Since when did Tom have a Seti team?

====================================

Yep, I just checked and you sure do! Good luck with it!
==================================

Join our Seti@Home TeAm
http://hobbitt.worldkey.net/~seti/<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by JWMiddleton on 11/11/00 04:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Tom's had a SETI team before AnandTech did.
That is where we got the idea

Assimilator1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi Galanz ,I see you've finally gained your own forum section :) ,maybe now THF will start picking up ,now go whip those Baitshop boys ;).
Hows THF been doing since we last spoke?

G

Gotta be quick around here:)

I see you're pulling ahead of Komputernut, it was pretty close between you two for awhile.
Hopefully with the extra exposure here we can pick up even more.

G

Hi,
Hopefully the exptra exposure helps, we have picked up a couple in the last day. We're still getting creamed by the Baitshop boys. I just picked up a cheap Duron 750(7.5*107, w/memory @ 142(I'll do the pencil thing in the next couple days), it's been doing wu's in under 5 hrs)

G

Thanks for the encouragement however the link to your team is hardly fair;)

Tom's had a team for about 1 1/2 years, still not that popular though.

Assimilator1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ref the link ,thats probably my fault when I posted that recruiting thread at the old forum :eek: ,seeing as your trying to rekindle your team I won't try recruiting here again or try to convince anyone to leave THF ;).
Good luck on getting THF all fired up :)

Team Anandtech 15th in SETI Club Teams

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just joined the Tom's Hardware SETI Team. Thanks for starting the team and pointing this out. Is it true we only have like 78 members? We need to publicize this more, as I know that Tom has more than 1.4 million different readers every month, this team could potentially kick some ass.

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ya I add anther 733 at work. I can run 3 733's and a 233 at work on the week ends. I also got my 850 at home. The bate shop looks to be in top form. I guess we got to get alot more people to hange with them.

Jeff

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ya I know what you mean 1.4 million readers we should have 500 memebers. Maybe if tom would put a link up on his home page that would get more people to join. Glad to have you on the team!

Jeff

G

That's great, you should break the top twenty in no time now.
>>The bate shop looks to be in top form. I guess we got to get alot more people to hang with them.

That's true, we might have more total members, but too many of them are idle. We have picked up some decent looking members lately though.

Hehe I just lapped Worrywart, I've doubled his results.

G

Hi Michael, Great to have you. We need all the help we can get, we've been challenged by the Baitshop boys and we need all the help we can get(If you're unfamiliar with the Baitshop let me know and i'll give you all the info I have.)

The team was actually started by cecsi about 1 1/2 years ago, but has remained virtually unknown since it's creation. Hopefully this will help publicize the effort!

Greg

G

I'm here for victory!!! FOR THE NUMBER ONE!!!
eerggg!!! Sun with his 2125.33 Years & 7 hrs28min av. CPU time will be hard to reach... but..

Anyway.. VICTORY!!!!! :lol:
--------------------------------------------------
Kuff ( 2 days after the begining.. )
--------------------------------------------------
Results received---Total CPU time--Av. CPU time /work unit
......14...................66 hr 45 min.....4 hr 46 min 07.4 sec

Yeah!! Banzaïïïïïïïï

G

I make my calculs...
1 wu / hours ... so now with 40 wu complete..
i will reach you ... arhh.. may 7 2001 :tongue:

see y'a this spring on the top 3 !!!

G

Hi, Great to have you on the team.
4:39/wu that's a great time, what are you running seti on?

>>i will reach you ... arhh.. may 7 2001

Well, you'll reach my second account Greg L alot sooner, I've only done around 150 with that one.

Keep up the good fight, and let anyone else you know about Tom's Seti Team.

G

Greg L is history !!!
------------------------------------------------------------
Greg L..174......4928 hr 37 min.......28 hr 19 min 31.5 sec
Kuff.....186......1029 hr 10 min.......5 hr 31 min 59.4 sec
------------------------------------------------------------
I run it on 3 Dual PIII 933 + 1 PII 500 + K6-2 500 ...( The K6 is the reason why my Average CPU time is so Big ) :tongue:

see ya ..

G

I just realize something .... My first wu was made on 11/12/00 ...
So.. 186 wu / 10 days !! 18,6 wu /days :) I will reach you sooner than i was expect.. :)

G

Wow, that's some pretty good hardware. I've been watching you catching up to me, quickly.
Only about 4000 more to catch up to my main account now. Let me know when you're close;)

G

That's really good for the number of machines you're running. Now if you could just upgrade that k6 of yours.
I'm doing about 25/day with my main account, but that's also with about 10 machines.

G

Hey Jeff,

Bring it on! I thrive under presure:)
You are moving up quick, looks like you'll be top ten fairly soon.

I already posted those results on Delphi's Extreme Computing. It's about time they finally caught up with our actual totals.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Baitshop is losing now 26729 to Tom's Hardware's 31789. Are we pulling away?

I have it on three machinese now but they are slow, need to upgrade but I think I can add some more slow PCs before I upgrade. Can't believe I kept that screen saver on for so long. With the screen saver turned off I just about cut my times in half. Not saying which name I am am until I catch up with Kuff.

G

eheh... the race will be hard...
anyway.. i will add more quad 'juice' this weekend.. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS