Setpoint/Runtime Errors/Taskbar icons disappear?

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
New HP Envy desktop with Window 10H, using Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman with Setpoint 6.67.83/5.90.41. Everything is working fine for a few days and then I start getting an alert about runtime errors asking to close setpoint in an inappropriate manner. And, at about the same time, I think, the my taskbar program shortcut icons disappear and the default icons on the left and right corners of the taskbar become inoperable. I read somewhere that setpoint might be involved and I tried to remove setpoint and reinstall an earlier version. Well, with the reinstall, everything startedd to work properly again. However, after a few more days of proper operation, started getting the runtime errors and disappearing icons from taskbar. Tried to uninstall setpoint (its uninstall.exe didn't seems to work) and being lazy, I then downloaded and reinstalled setpoint (6.67.83.) Lo and behold, icons and functioning default icons came back. I have no idea what's happening and am fearful that this whole error process will occur again. Any help appreciated.

Solution
You can disable automatic device driver updates in Windows 10 by following this tutorial as it seems the device drivers are being updated automatically. If not then there seems to be a corruption in either your OS or the software package.

Try and perform a system restore to a point prior to when the issue cropped up. You can also try and perform a repair install and see if the issue is averted.

It would help us further if you could provide a full systems specs.

Lutfij

Titan
You can disable automatic device driver updates in Windows 10 by following this tutorial as it seems the device drivers are being updated automatically. If not then there seems to be a corruption in either your OS or the software package.

Try and perform a system restore to a point prior to when the issue cropped up. You can also try and perform a repair install and see if the issue is averted.

It would help us further if you could provide a full systems specs.

Solution