Setting download properties

I'm trying to help a friend. He says that when he downloads from the
internet, he doesn't get to choose where it goes. He always has to go
looking for the file. Can anyone tell me how you set the download properties
so that when you go to download a file you are given a chance to say where
that download will go? Thanks in advance...

To change the I.E. default download folder [to a folder of your choice].

Start/Run/Regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

[Click on Internet Explorer] In the right pane, double click on the Download
Directory value. Enter the path to the folder you want as your download
location.

When you click to download anything a window should appear, giving you the
option to click the browse button and then choose the folder or file you want
to download to. The above is if you want to change the default setting.

The following is a free little utility that will let you tweak settings like
this in IE.
http://www.ietweaker.4-all.org/

TTFN.

TRENDING THREADS