Setting Environment Variables / Changing Registry via cmd...

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to edit the
environment variables and/or the registry (adding a String
value) on the REMOTE computer via command line. I have
access to the \\REMOTE_computer\c$ via a mapped network
drive.

--dk

Perhaps I should rephrase my question.

Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?

--dk

No Remote Desktop?

Daniel Kim wrote:
> Perhaps I should rephrase my question.
>
> Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
> if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?
>
> --dk

You might ask in microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting if no good answer
appears here.

The folks who script stuff are likely to know more about this.

"Daniel Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps I should rephrase my question.
>
> Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
> if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?
>
> --dk

Not without being able to run an app on that machine (or have the
Remote Registry service available)...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:01:41 -0700, "Daniel Kim"

>Perhaps I should rephrase my question.
>
>Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
>if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?
>
>--dk

Pravia17

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Not without being able to run an app on that machine (or have the
Remote Registry service available)...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:01:41 -0700, "Daniel Kim"

>Perhaps I should rephrase my question.
>
>Is there any way to edit the registry of a REMOTE computer
>if you only have access to it via a mapped network drive?
>
>--dk

If your machines in windows XP

then connect the remote machines using computer managment right click on the remotly connected machines >> select properties option