[SOLVED] Setting PC on carpet?

BillWiTheScienceFi

Reputable
Oct 4, 2019
Do i need to get some sort of base for my pc or is it fine to sit on my floor (carpet) I only ask because the fan is on the bottom of the case and doesn't seem like it would get much air flow on carpet

Solution
Airflow and lint can be a concern.
Depending on the type of carpet, I would probably recommend some form of board/cardboard/plastic to keep it off the carpet.
My dorm in college had relatively short carpet, so that wasnt an issue.
Airflow and lint can be a concern.
Depending on the type of carpet, I would probably recommend some form of board/cardboard/plastic to keep it off the carpet.
My dorm in college had relatively short carpet, so that wasnt an issue.

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
Does the case has feet to allow space between the floor and the fan? If so and if the fan is blowing air out from the case, you should be fine. If the fan is bringing air into the case, you're going to want some sort of solid platform to set it on.

-Wolf sends

BillWiTheScienceFi

Reputable
Oct 4, 2019
Does the case has feet to allow space between the floor and the fan? If so and if the fan is blowing air out from the case, you should be fine. If the fan is bringing air into the case, you're going to want some sort of solid platform to set it on.

-Wolf sends
Yeah it has feet, idk intake or outtake it's the psu fan facing down. Like the other person said I do have looser carpet so probably best to get something underneath

TRENDING THREADS