[SOLVED] Setting RAM speed above default

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
SO i got a ryzen 5 2600x with a gtx 970,, 600 watt EVGA 80+ bronze psu ,, m2.2280 sata 3 500gb all equipped on a ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

and the ram im using is G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0 Memory Kit Model F4-3200C16D-16GIS

in the asrock uefi/bios settings it gives me an option or the ram gives me an option to load xmp but when i check it on it shows me a voltage number in red that is slightly increased compared to the default voltage value so anyways if i click accept and save will this be ok or is there anything i should know or do before i go ahead and try it out.

Solution
That EXACT memory kit has been validated, as seen on the G.Skill memory configurator page, for that specific motherboard. That means, it IS capable of being run at the advertised XMP speed on that board.

Update the BIOS and try again. Make SURE you have the memory installed in the A2 and B2 slots which are the SECOND and FOURTH slots over from the CPU. The fourth slot is the one closest to the edge of the motherboard.

UB6JJIp.png

Also, make sure you are saving the configuration before you exit the BIOS, AND it would be wise to make sure any changes you are making are being made in Advanced or Expert mode, not in the E-Z or basic mode, in the BIOS.
That EXACT memory kit has been validated, as seen on the G.Skill memory configurator page, for that specific motherboard. That means, it IS capable of being run at the advertised XMP speed on that board.

Update the BIOS and try again. Make SURE you have the memory installed in the A2 and B2 slots which are the SECOND and FOURTH slots over from the CPU. The fourth slot is the one closest to the edge of the motherboard.

UB6JJIp.png

Also, make sure you are saving the configuration before you exit the BIOS, AND it would be wise to make sure any changes you are making are being made in Advanced or Expert mode, not in the E-Z or basic mode, in the BIOS.

Solution

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
SO i updated bios which i was a little nervous because asrock said " ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU is being used on your system."
which I am totally using Pinnacle haha but i did it anyways and it updated perfectly then i tried to overclock the ram again using the XMP profile and finally on the bios it finally showed 3200 ram so i had a WoooHooo moment so i went into task manager afterwards and in the memory section and it shows speed of 3200MHZ so I think everything is working and that my ram had successfully been overclocked.

Also Thanks for all the Help everyone

TRENDING THREADS