Okay so here's my problem: My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 arrived yesterday. When connecting my 240Hz monitor (AOC AGON AG251FG) to the laptop (via HDMI, because my Nitro 5 only has an HDMI output) everything works out fine until I try to set the refresh rate of my monitor from 144Hz to 240Hz. Upon doing that, its screen goes black as if theres no signal until the change is automatically or manually reverted. I have tried and tested a LOT of things which I will list in the following:
- Although I'm using an "old" Nintendo HDMI cable, which i thought to be the issue, I tested its ability to transfer 240fps/hz by connecting the monitor to my previous PC via that HDMI cable and doing the UFO test which proved the cable to not be the issue (Nonetheless I will buy a new HDMI cable today because using a Nintendo one just feels wrong to me and maybe it might resolve my issue although it shouldn't)
- Yes, I've installed/updated every crucial driver I could think of and it didn't help
- I have tried turning off V-Sync in the 3D settings and played around with a few other settings in the nvidia control panel
- The issue also isn't connected to my monitor and the laptops screen having differing refresh rates because I tried setting each one to 60Hz while the other one was still at 144Hz, which worked out without any issue whatsoever
- Changing which of the screens is the main one also didn't resolve the issue.