Setting the Altimeter?

Is there an easier way to set the Altimeter other than zooming in in virtual
cockpit until I can reda the numbers in the Kollsman window? Like a pop-up
dialog or anything?

Thanks,

Si

william

Yep hit B on the keyboard
You can do it with the 2D panel as well using the mouse.
Bill

"Simon Robbins" <simon@NOSPAMsjrobbins.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is there an easier way to set the Altimeter other than zooming in in
> virtual
> cockpit until I can reda the numbers in the Kollsman window? Like a pop-up
> dialog or anything?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Si

GREGORY

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:26:07 -0000, "Simon Robbins"
<simon@NOSPAMsjrobbins.demon.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>Is there an easier way to set the Altimeter other than zooming in in virtual
>cockpit until I can reda the numbers in the Kollsman window? Like a pop-up
>dialog or anything?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Si

That's a good idea!!

maybe an XML guy could make a simple gauge for use in a Window0X
popup that could click the altimeter +/-, set to current Alt, or Std.
(hope the terminology is ok.)

FSUIPC can setup a hot-key to Set Std.. and key is really useful!!

Like Bill says.. most Altimeter Gauges have clickable `knob' to set in
2D Panel view. I wish there was a `select altimeter' function so
operator could + / - it using the [-] and [=] keys near BACKSPACE key.

-Gregory

p.s. or there could already be a such gauge on avsim.com

oh yeah.. have you seen this one on avsim? is that useful?
Handy Panel 1.0 -- Copyright(c) 2002 by Andrey Novikov