[SOLVED] setting up 2 monitors

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
hey , can u set up 2 monitors with the first one connected to the external graphic card via hdmi and the second one into the intern graphic with vga ?

Solution
an rtx 2060 super , i'm gonna buy a 1080 165hz monitor and i have an 1400*900 vga one , the motherboard is MSI H310M PRO-VD plus
You can connect both of them to your graphic card. Your internal graphic card does not work when an external graphic card is installed.

And two or more graphic card setups only work efficiently when you use identical monitors. In your situation I think you will stop using the old monitor in a few days if not in a few hours.
Only if the motherboard BIOS supports that feature, otherwise the iGPU is automatically disabled when a PCI/PCIe GPU is detected. Don't ask me if your motherboard supports it 'cos I don't know, check the BIOS section in the mobo manual.

However, the usual way of using two monitors is with both plugged in to the graphics card (using an adapter for one of the monitors if necessary).

What graphics card do have? Most cards support two monitors unless it's a low-end one.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
an rtx 2060 super , i'm gonna buy a 1080 165hz monitor and i have an 1400*900 vga one , the motherboard is MSI H310M PRO-VD plus
You can connect both of them to your graphic card. Your internal graphic card does not work when an external graphic card is installed.

And two or more graphic card setups only work efficiently when you use identical monitors. In your situation I think you will stop using the old monitor in a few days if not in a few hours.

Solution