Setting up 3 displays with 5850 (2 monitor + 1 tv)

zyzeast

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I am trying to set up my system with 3 displays, 2 monitors each at 1920x1200 and one 1080P HDTV at 1920x1080. I am using a HD5850 Video card, first monitor is plugged into a DVI port (Does it matter which one I plug in btw?), second monitor is plugged through a DisplayPort to DVI converter, TV is plugged into the HDMI port.

However no matter what i try i can't seem to get all 3 displays to work at the same time. Here is a picture of my current setup

jic2sm.jpg

I want 1 to be my primary display, 2 to be my extend to the right of 1 and 3 to be another extended to the right of 2.

Is it possible to set up something like that? I can't seem to extend to both displays and eyefinity isn't showing the TV in the set up options.

Thanks for any help :D

I haven't tried to set up multiple monitors, but I searched a bit and found http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/gpu50-ati-eyefinity-display-connectivity.aspx, which indicates it probably does matter which DVI port you plug into. I think you want Monitor Configuration #3 on that list, which disables one of the DVI connectors, so I suggest you try connecting the DVI cable to the other port. When the secondary DVI port is used, the HDMI is disabled.