Setting up a router to use cabled internet.

Jun 5, 2018
Okay description for title probably wasn't the best, but basically I have bought a holiday home that does have internet but basically to have it work I have a long range WIFI receiver that pugs into USB and that works great downloading at like 6/7mb/s...

Anyway I currently use software from the computer so i can use wifi If i use windows 10 sharing it just crashes and is useless so i use a program called connectify which works TO A POINT.. its a bit finicky.. anyway I want t know if there's a way to plug a router into the ethernet socket on my pc, so that the router can share the internet?

Any help would be great received.

Solution
As i said its only a holiday home, so will only be on 4 to 6 weeks a year.. anyway il have solved it i just bridged the wifi and the router getting 40meg wireless download so works a charm.
Jun 5, 2018
Lol, its the only thing I could find that worked, i purchased 4 long range wifi receivers, and they was all USB... Not asking for an amazing network its just a holiday home, I just want to be able to share my network on wifi... I just want to know how one would go about connecting a router to a pc via ethernet so it shared my computers internet....

Jun 5, 2018
As i said its only a holiday home, so will only be on 4 to 6 weeks a year.. anyway il have solved it i just bridged the wifi and the router getting 40meg wireless download so works a charm.

Solution