>>Setting up Applications on diff Vol<<

I am about to blow away my OS on partition C and
reinstall a fresh one. I have 2 other partitions that I
put my music and data stuff on.

I wanted to know (for future reference) is it possible to
set up applications on a seperate partition (such as D)
so that when it comes time for me to wipe away the OS
again, I would not have to go thru the trouble of
reinstalling ALL of the applications as well.

Would the applications (on the D partition) be able to
connect (for the lack of a better word) to the new OS
that's reinstalled on the C partition. I would imagine
that if this could be done without a hitch, that one
would just simply make a "program files" folder on (D)
and make sure that all the programs are installed in
D:\Program Files as opposed to C:\Program Files.

I know that it can be done, but I don't know if it would
still work >AFTER< a new OS has been installed.

Hope I explained it clearly enough, probably not.
Any feedback is more than welcome. THANX N ADVANCE
The Rookie/Wayne B.

Hi - see my reply in m.p.win2000.general. Please don't multipost - if you
need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting
a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with
commas) so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :)

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

Wayne B. wrote:
> I am about to blow away my OS on partition C and
> reinstall a fresh one. I have 2 other partitions that I
> put my music and data stuff on.
>
> I wanted to know (for future reference) is it possible to
> set up applications on a seperate partition (such as D)
> so that when it comes time for me to wipe away the OS
> again, I would not have to go thru the trouble of
> reinstalling ALL of the applications as well.
>
> Would the applications (on the D partition) be able to
> connect (for the lack of a better word) to the new OS
> that's reinstalled on the C partition. I would imagine
> that if this could be done without a hitch, that one
> would just simply make a "program files" folder on (D)
> and make sure that all the programs are installed in
> D:\Program Files as opposed to C:\Program Files.
>
> I know that it can be done, but I don't know if it would
> still work >AFTER< a new OS has been installed.
>
> Hope I explained it clearly enough, probably not.
> Any feedback is more than welcome. THANX N ADVANCE
> The Rookie/Wayne B.

Jd

Well what about us who do not subscribe to win2000.general?
;^/

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Hi - see my reply in m.p.win2000.general. Please don't multipost - if you
> need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by
posting
> a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names
with
> commas) so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :)
>
> See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

For a nominal fee, I'll sign you up myself. :)