Setting up Autodisconnect

Tim

I need help setting up autodisconnect for windows 2000
clients, I want to be able to have them logged off the
server after 15 minutes of inactivety, I have tried
enabling the options in the domain policy and local policy
and i know that the registry has a default of 15 minutes
but it doesnt work, Do I have to buy 3rd party software or
can someone help me to get this working??

There is a screensaver available in the Windows 2000 resourcekit called
Winexit.scr. Set this as your screensaver, and configure it to start after
15 minutes.

Regards

Niclas LIndblom

"Tim" <tbutler722@iwon.com> wrote in message
>I need help setting up autodisconnect for windows 2000
> clients, I want to be able to have them logged off the
> server after 15 minutes of inactivety, I have tried
> enabling the options in the domain policy and local policy
> and i know that the registry has a default of 15 minutes
> but it doesnt work, Do I have to buy 3rd party software or
> can someone help me to get this working??

Jon

Is there a way to do this with a policy? I want to have
the screen saver lock it after five minutes and then
logoff after 8 hours.