[SOLVED] Setting up dual monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

David836193

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
So i want to get a dual monitor setup. The second screen i recently bought is connected with a display port and my other monitor is HDMI. But when i turn everything on i can only see my cursor on my HDMI screen and no signal on the display port one.

Update: The HDMI screen i can now use, however the second one the computer doesnt sense.

Last edited:
Solution
Make sure that both cables are plugged in TIGHT at both ends, and that you've installed the latest drivers from the display adapter manufacturer. If you're running the default drivers supplied with Windows then only one monitor is supported.
Make sure that both cables are plugged in TIGHT at both ends, and that you've installed the latest drivers from the display adapter manufacturer. If you're running the default drivers supplied with Windows then only one monitor is supported.

Solution
Make sure your cable is the correct version for your Displayport output. There are multiple versions and IIRC there are some cables that don't want to work correctly with the latest DP version.

I'd also double check the cable at both ends for anything that looks bent or deformed, or discolored. Try a different cable too. Sometimes they develop a break in the middle. Does the DP monitor work if the HDMI monitor is not connected?

Might also check the BIOS for any display related settings. I think mainly there are only PEG vs iGPU settings in most BIOS, but you never know anymore.

Make sure your BIOS is up to date as well.

If your card has multiple DP outputs, might try one of the other ones on it.

David836193

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Make sure your cable is the correct version for your Displayport output. There are multiple versions and IIRC there are some cables that don't want to work correctly with the latest DP version.

I'd also double check the cable at both ends for anything that looks bent or deformed, or discolored. Try a different cable too. Sometimes they develop a break in the middle. Does the DP monitor work if the HDMI monitor is not connected?

Might also check the BIOS for any display related settings. I think mainly there are only PEG vs iGPU settings in most BIOS, but you never know anymore.

Make sure your BIOS is up to date as well.

If your card has multiple DP outputs, might try one of the other ones on it.
The DP port is brand new came with the PC, the hdmi cable is working and they are both getting power. Just tried unplugging the hdmi cable and the DP monitor still doesnt get signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS