Setting Up Headless Console

SD

Hello,
I need to deploy a pair of windows 2000 servers as a
telco facility without access to monitor and keyborad. I
configured them as headless servers however how could I
use a laptop to directly connect to the boxes when needed
more like serial port/ Null modem access in the UNIX world.
If possible I would like to avoid stored
monitors/keyboards/and mice at the facility.

Thanks
sd

Hi sd,

You can do this by installing Win2K Terminal Services in Remote
Administration mode, then use Remote Desktop Connection to connect via the
network.

Check out these links;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306624&Product=win2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314894&Product=win2000