[SOLVED] Setting up multiple Routers

Sep 6, 2020
I want to setup a Linksys E4200 V1 router behind my ATT modem/router BGW210-700.
I also want to use the wifi SSID provided by BGW210-700 along with the separate Wifi SSD that Linksys Router broadcasts. i.e. I want to have two Wifi networks one provided BGW210 and other wifi network provided by Linksys.

My linksys has DD-WRT installed on it. and I want to setup a VPN (example: ExpressVPN) on it. So the devices connected to this Linksys wifi network will use VPN whereas devices connected to ATT BGW210 wifi network will use direct connection without VPN.

I have AT&T 1 GBPS fiber inernet.

Is this possible? If so, can you help me setup this please.

I've tried few options, but no luck. I gave two separate wifi SSID names (one for the Linksys and one for the ATT ) and connected my linksys WAN port to LAN-3 of the ATT router/modem. I can see both wifi's on my cell phone, however when I connect to the Linksys Wifi, I am not getting internet. I have not yet setup VPN on the Linksys. I guess.. I am missing some setup (either subnets crossing over, or some options not marked etc.)

Can anyone help please.

Solution
Yes. It is DHCP. I have the ATT modem/router working fine for the last 1 year. I am just trying to add the second router (Linksys) now as I want to have a dedicated wifi with VPN available for some of the devices.

It is very difficult (or not possible) to setup VPN on ATT router. So trying to use my old Linksys route with DD-WRT on it for the VPN need.
I would start with a factory reset of the linksys. Ensure you have basic connectivity with ethernet on the linksys. If you can't get basic internet, then you have a problem before the linksys. Could be the cable.
Sep 6, 2020
How is the WAN configured on the Linksys? It should be DHCP.

Yes. It is DHCP. I have the ATT modem/router working fine for the last 1 year. I am just trying to add the second router (Linksys) now as I want to have a dedicated wifi with VPN available for some of the devices.

It is very difficult (or not possible) to setup VPN on ATT router. So trying to use my old Linksys route with DD-WRT on it for the VPN need.

kanewolf

Titan

I would start with a factory reset of the linksys. Ensure you have basic connectivity with ethernet on the linksys. If you can't get basic internet, then you have a problem before the linksys. Could be the cable.

Solution