[SOLVED] setting up rgb with th mf120r fans

Apr 5, 2020
im thinking of ordering some mf120r cooler master fans to mach the ones that come with the cooler master ml240l
i was wondering if i bought a pack of three fans that come with a rgb controller and an extra fan i could controll all six fans off of one rgb controller

Solution
Unfortunately the Cooler Master website does not provoie the detailwe need to answer that. The small manual control box you have already (anohter may come with a new 3-pack of fans) is called their Wired RGB Controller C10L, and its specs say it can output up to 2A at 12VDC to its lighting load. You already have two MF120R RGB fans plus the pump unit connected to the controller you have. You propose to add four more such fans to that group. The problem is that the website does not tell us the power each fan (and the pump) requires, so we can't add them up to answer. Maybe Cooler Master Tech Support can answer that one. When you ask, make sure they tell you the amps for the RGB lights in the fan frames, and NOT the max amps for the fan...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Unfortunately the Cooler Master website does not provoie the detailwe need to answer that. The small manual control box you have already (anohter may come with a new 3-pack of fans) is called their Wired RGB Controller C10L, and its specs say it can output up to 2A at 12VDC to its lighting load. You already have two MF120R RGB fans plus the pump unit connected to the controller you have. You propose to add four more such fans to that group. The problem is that the website does not tell us the power each fan (and the pump) requires, so we can't add them up to answer. Maybe Cooler Master Tech Support can answer that one. When you ask, make sure they tell you the amps for the RGB lights in the fan frames, and NOT the max amps for the fan MOTOR. Same for the pump amps.

I remind you to be careful about ordering these. you want the Cooler Master MF120R RGB fan set, and NOT the one that ends in the "ARGB" label.

Then there's still a connection issue. Your existing system came with one control box, a cable to connect it to a 4-pin Molex output from the PSU for power, and a Splitter to feed three lighting devices from that. You propose to add four more lights (fans). You will actually need TWO of Cooler Master's "1-to-3 RGB Splitter Cable" - do NOT get the Spltters for ARGB systems. Then you unplug both fans you have plugged into your current Splitter, and plug the two new Splitters into those outputs. This gives you six new outputs for your six fans, leaving one ouput of the first Splitter still feeding the pump lights. ONE new Splitter may come with the new 3-pack of fans, but that means you'd need to buy one more Splitter in your order.

Solution