[SOLVED] setting up the same connection as another network

boiboy263

Reputable
Feb 26, 2019
Hi guys,
im wondering that can i make(create) a wireless connection SAME as the connection of my college ?
my college has an app, which allow me to check the schedule of the day, but only when i connect to the college' network...
i want to create the same network to check the schedule before i go
is that possible ?
thx for helping!

Solution
The problem is even if I tell you some of the ways the college might make this work you will not understand it.

So maybe another simple example. Say you connect via ethernet cable instead. To connect when you are away you would have to find a way to run a very long cable from your house into their building.

Even if were technically possible you need to find a way to get your long ethernet cable into their building and I am sure they don't want any person just hooking stuff up to their network.

The wifi is just a more complex version of that issue. Even though there might be technical solutions the college would have to have some way to allow you to accomplish this.

Again they likely have already thought about this problem...
Short answer is you can not do it.

Since this is such a basic question it would take a lot of explaining why it won't work. I would see if the college has some method to remotely access their network. Most have some ability for students to get access when they are away from campus. No way to even predict how they would do this it will take research on your part, maybe someone at the campus IT office can tell you.

boiboy263

Reputable
Feb 26, 2019
i know that they are using IP to do it, because i tried to change my IP from 192.98.1.* to 10.44.57.**, i know differrent IP on the router from the ISP will not work, but the app failed to login even tho i still can access to the internet normally...
any hope ?
thx for keep supporting me!

USAFRet

Titan
i know that they are using IP to do it, because i tried to change my IP from 192.98.1.* to 10.44.57.**, i know differrent IP on the router from the ISP will not work, but the app failed to login even tho i still can access to the internet normally...
any hope ?
thx for keep supporting me!
That application lives on their network. You need to be logged in to their network to access it.

The problem is even if I tell you some of the ways the college might make this work you will not understand it.

So maybe another simple example. Say you connect via ethernet cable instead. To connect when you are away you would have to find a way to run a very long cable from your house into their building.

Even if were technically possible you need to find a way to get your long ethernet cable into their building and I am sure they don't want any person just hooking stuff up to their network.

The wifi is just a more complex version of that issue. Even though there might be technical solutions the college would have to have some way to allow you to accomplish this.

Again they likely have already thought about this problem and have a solution so ask someone in their IT help desk or whatever they have.

Solution