Question Setting up Wireguard VPN between ISP Router (Fritzbox) and Travel Router (GL.iNet Slate Plus)

Nov 28, 2022
Hi everyone, as title suggests my aim is the following:

I would like to set up a "permanent" if you so will VPN Tunnel between my ISP Router (FritzBox 7590) and my Travel / VPN Router (GL.iNet GL-A1300 /Slate Plus). The reason is I want to surf using my own IP Address that I get from my ISP at home. Now as I understand this is a bit of an issue as I do not have one static IP address, every 48 hours or so I get a new one from my ISP.

But my Fritzbox can generate a DDNS address which I should be able to use to connect to my home network. So far so good. Does anyone know how I can configure the Wireguard on both my Fritzbox and my GL.iNet? Some of the settings I have no idea about.

This is too generic a question. There are likely large sections in the manuals for both products that talk about how to set them up. You might find a youtube video on something like fritzbox buy unlikely someone with exact combination of devices you have.

I would try to set it up and then ask specific questions about why thing are not working for you.